If you are considering starting your own garden, all you really need is the passion for gardening and the right gardening tools.
With the proper gardening tools, you won’t only be capable of starting your own garden, you will also be capable of maintaining it appropriately.
Here are some of the essential tools you should have for your garden:
- Garden hose – The life of your garden depends on the amount of water your plants receive, therefore, it is quite important for you to be able to reach hard to reach areas of your garden to ensure that all your plants are well-watered.
- Garden gloves – Gardening exposes you to dirt and possibly thorny stems or plants; it’s better to be safe than sorry, so make sure you protect your hands with gardening gloves.
- Hand trowel – A hand trowel will help you with minor digging tasks, especially in planting. It is a must-have for every gardener.
- Shovel – Quite useful for digging and removing sizable rocks or debris in the way, a shovel will certainly make gardening easier for you.
- Rake – Rakes are essential in removing weeds and fallen leaves from your garden. You can also use it to loosen the soil.
- Pruning shears – Small, handy pruning shears will help you in cutting firm and hard to break branches. These are also useful in maintaining shrubs, bushes, and hedges in your home garden. You can use them to trim overgrown plants and keep your garden looking handsome and neat.
- Garden loppers – Garden loppers work just like pruning shears but are designed to handle heavier, more difficult tasks. They can be used to cut bigger, harder branches.
- Wheelbarrow – A wheelbarrow will help you a lot in moving gardening materials from one location to another. It can also help you in cleaning up the mess after you have worked on your garden.